- Declutter my room. I really need to do this!
- Clean out 2 closets. Long overdue.
- Iron back-to-school-and-work clothes
- Label school stuff and pack backpacks
- Finish weeding my garden. I'm halfway there!
- Go out for Chinese food with friend. I need some fun in the middle of all this, right?
- Color my gray stripe which is reaching the inch mark.
- Write 10,000 words this weekend. Say what?
In the spirit of jumping on the bandwagon and riding into the sunset with dreams of finishing this first draft, I sort of committed myself to a writing challenge.
Sigh. Do I ever learn?
Over at Nathan's, one member started a Labor Day Weekend Write-Off. Set a goal and write like crazy for 3 days. Kind of like a mini NaNoWriMo. 10,000 words in 3 days sounded like a good idea at the time. I've never written that amount in such a short time but I'm going to give it a try. A last hurrah as the end of summer approaches. Sure, I could edit my post. I mean, would anyone really notice if I changed the amount to, oh, I don't know, 5,000 words? But no, I'll stick to my original goal (with the cloud of humiliation when I report back hanging over my head if I don't at least come within range). Speaking of end of summer hurrahs, I need to add one more thing to my list.
9. Take the family out for a long drive ending in icecream. No word count is going to take that away from me!