Monday, December 27, 2010

In Which Felicity Tells Me Off

*clickety click onto another blog*

Me: Oh, Natalie has a new post today. And so does Donna Weaver. Edit #5? You go, girl!

Felicity: Ahem. A- he-he-HEM!

Me: You really should take something for that.

Felicity: Well, if you hadn’t left me sitting in the cold on a bench in the town square for 2 freakin' months, maybe I wouldn’t have such a head cold.

Me: Oh. Yeah, I did leave you there for quite a while didn’t I? Sorry about that.

Felicity: No problem. Sort of.

Me: I just got so overwhelmed with work, the kids, holiday preparations...I had to take a break, you know?

Felicity: Yeah, I get it. I don’t mean to be “Nitpicky” (ha ha, get it?) but couldn’t you have at least left Ben sitting next to me? And it wouldn’t hurt if he had his arm around me.

Me: Oh, no no no. Ben? No. And btw, yes, I got the Nitpicky title reference. Clever.

Felicity: Whaddya mean, “No.” We are going to get together eventually, am I right?

Me: HAHAHAHA....ha.

Felicity: I fail to see the humor in this situation. So what are you telling me...I don’t get to be with Ben?

Me: My lips are sealed. It’s not that you’re not going to be with him. It’s just that that’s top secret information that cannot be revealed to anyone, least of all you, at this moment in time.

Felicity: In other words, you haven’t figured out the rest of the novel yet, have you.

Me: Um, I’ve been distracted as of late.

Felicity: *gigantic sigh* With her?

Me: Who?

Felicity: The ghost story chick?

Me: Jude? No. Truly, she’s on the back burner for now. I’m finishing your story first. That’s my New Year’s Resolution.

Felicity: Oh great. And will this resolution be as successful as last year’s “finishing my first novel,” which isn’t exactly finished yet.

Me: I did fall short on that one didn’t I. Sort of left you without an ending.

Felicity: Ya think?

Me: Okay. What if I promise that I’ll work real hard the rest of this week. I’m not going back to my job until next Monday. I’ll wake up early tomorrow while the house is quiet and crank out a chapter. Same thing Wednesday and Thursday.

Felicity: Well...

Me: I really care about you and what happens to you.

Felicity: Really?

Me: Really. You know, I reread the whole story today. Up to the part where I left you in the park. I’m pretty happy with it so far. Sure there are weak spots, and it will need a ton of revising, but I like you a lot, Felicity. I want to know how your story ends.

Felicity: Me too. And you’re not so bad yourself.

Me: Let’s do this novel thing then, shall we?

Felicity: *rolls eyes* Whatever. Just get me somewhere warm. And fast.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I've got a couple of people (...characters) who aren't too happy with me either! These holidays have been lots of fun - but I've not had tons of time for writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this case my MC Felicity is right - I have been neglecting her. But I've been making time for writing this week, so hopefully I'll get back into a routine.

    I'm so glad you stopped by and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete