Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tag, I'm It!

I've been tagged not once but twice this week. First, by RachelMaryBean at Writing On the Wall and also by Donna Weaver at Weaving A Tale or Two. That's what I get for trying to run away in my slippers.


The Rules:
1. You post the rules! Check
2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
3. Tag eleven some people and link to them.
4. Let them know you've tagged them.


First up - Rachel's List


1. What is one item on your bucket list? Spend a night in the Ice Hotel.


2.  Please share a goal you have accomplished. Still working on those.


3.  What's the next book onyour To be read list? Crossed by Ally Condie


4.  What's the last book you loved? My current read, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, before that Plain Kate by Erin Bow.


5.  What author would you love to meet? (Alive or dead is fine, it's a fantasy after all) J.K. Rowling


6.  If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be? My married name is perfect for me


7.  What was your first pet? A schnauzer named Lucky


8.  Chocolate or caramel? Is there anything better than chocolate? If so, I haven't discovered it yet.


9.  Do you like to read about the past, present, or future? All of the above.


10. Where would be your dream vacation? A secluded, ocean-front cottage anywhere.


11. What did you have for dinner last night? roasted red pepper and pepperoni pizza and a glass of chardonnay


Second up - Donna's List (or How to torture your friend with mind boggling questions. These were hard, but very creative, Donna.)

1. If Abe Lincoln and George Washington got into a fight who'd win--and why? Oh dear. History and I don't get along. Um, Abe because he wore a taller hat?


2.  What was your favorite book in 2011. I wrote a post about my favorites here. If I had to choose one it would be Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins with Laini Taylor's, Daughter of Smoke and Bone a close second.


3.  If you had a magical snail that could grant wishes, what would you ask for? Three hours of me time every day.


4.  What would your last meal be if you were on death row? Okay, my first thought was, "What in the name of all things holy am I doing on death row???" Once I got past that: a tender, juicy steak, garlic mashed potatos, asparagus, two warm dinner rolls with butter and a couple of glasses of chardonnay. For dessert, a sampler of some of my favorite Italian pastry and a slice of chocolate truffle cake with a cup pot of Kona coffee.


5.  Who is your favorite, Bill or Ted? Why? Not sure. I've never seen the movie.


6.  What will your weapon of choice be for the coming zombie apocalypse? Why? A blindfold. I'm terrified of zombies. See post here.


7.  Who is your favorite literary stalker? I'm not sure I understand this question. Or maybe I haven't come across many fictional stalkers. Would Snape be considered a stalker. If so, Severus.


8.  If people were thrown in jail for bad habits, what would you be thrown in jail for? Eating too many sweets.

9.  What is the most distant place you've ever visited? Medjugorje, Yugoslavia


10. If a spaceship were to land outside your house right now, would you get in? If yes, where would you ask it to take you--and it could be anywhere you wanted to go. No way I'm getting on a spaceship voluntarily. Just sayin'.


11. Who is your favorite author? That's like asking me, who's your favorite child? Just can't answer it.


Now my questions for those I tag  Mwah, hah, hah, hah, *cough* hah!

1. What is your favorite shade of blue?
2. Morning or night person?
3. Name a book that made you cry.
4. What literary place, real or imaginary, would you like to visit and why?
5. Sweet or sour?
6. What would you do if you had a day all to yourself?
7. Do you write on the computer or longhand?
8. What was your favorite book as a child?
9. Name one possession that you couldn't live without.
10. How many states have you visited?
11. What music, if any, do you like to write to?


And now for the helpless victims:
Laura Josephsen @ Everything you didn't want to know about writing
nutschell @ The Writing Nut
Chris Phillips @ Slushpile Savant
Meredith @ Fairy Tales and Cappuccino

Tag! You're it! No pressure to play but if you'd like to, see rules at top of post.


17 comments:

  1. I just finished The Night Circus. I loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have about 100 pages left. So far, so great!

      Delete
  2. Ice hotel, cool! :D

    Ooh, thanks for the tag--Donna Weaver tagged me, too, and my answers are going up in about...seven hours, so I'll add your name to who tagged me and see about your questions, too, or maybe blending questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossed by Ally Condie is great. The sequel, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Matched was pretty good, so I reserved Crossed at the library. If it doesn't deliver I probably won't finish it. I have 3 other books waiting to be read.

      Delete
  4. Don't say that, Donna. I've got Crossed waiting to be read. *sigh*

    Suzie, loved your answers. Ice Hotel? That sounds awesome--if you're dressed warm.

    I'd think Snape works as a stalker. He just wouldn't let Lily go. Edward Cullen is probably the most famous recent literary stalker. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd definitely be dressed in layers. The funny thing is, I hate cold weather, lol.

      How did I not think of Edward? I guess I don't think of him because Bella found that kind of romantic?

      Delete
  5. Oh, and you haven't seen Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure? You've lived a deprived life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I didn't see The Sound of Music until I was almost 30!

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! And I love your favorite books--Anna and the French Kiss is one of my all-time faves! And good for you not getting on that spaceship voluntarily. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna was great and I loved Lola and the Boy Next Door, too. About that spaceship...I'm happy living on planet Earth. No need to travel.

      Delete
  7. You're right, there isn't anything better than chocolate. LOVE your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe chocolate could be my weapon of choice. Think about it. Perhaps zombies have never actually had chocolate. I wonder if a zombie would choose brains over chocolate?

      I'm overthinking this, I know.

      Delete
  8. That was fun. I loved your answer to the death row question. Definitely the better question would be, "You're on death row. How did you end up there?" That would bring out some interesting answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by, Caryn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to click on that link for the Ice Hotel! I'm still trying to figure out how people STAY there. Amazing!! I want to go, too!!

    ReplyDelete