Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I Love...A Valentine's Day Post


 A long overdue thank you to Annalisa Crawford for the Liebster Award and a special thank you to Rachel Mary Bean for the Kreative Blogger Award and theVersatile Blogger Award. I appreciate the nod, ladies. Please go visit their blogs and say “Hi.” 




Instead of listing more facts about myself, I’ve decided on this Valentine’s Day to share some of the  things I love.

*My husband and my 4 kids.

*An early Saturday morning while everyone is still sleeping with a cup of coffee and the computer.

*That I have one child that will still greet me in the morning with a hug and sit on my lap in my arms for a couple of minutes before scampering off to watch Arthur or play with her stuffed animals.

*Reading. Anywhere, anytime.

*Sitting on my front steps after dinner with a glass of Chardonnay.

*Gazing at a starry sky.

*When the moon is full outside my front window at 5:30AM while I stumble downstairs to begin my day.

*Walking the beach searching for treasures: scalloped shells, sea glass, and smooth finger rubbing stones.

*The call from the library that informs me that one of my requested books has come in.

*Anything chocolate. Anything.

*My blogging buddies J

Thank you Annalisa!


Thank you Rachel Mary Bean!






Please share in the comments something you love! Happy Valentine's Day!

14 comments:

  1. I can agree with most of that list, though luckily my day rarely has to start at 5:30am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not really my favorite time of day.

      Delete
  2. My husband and four kids, too. :) And a brand new notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* Great stuff on your list there. For me it's those simple pleasures, especially being able to hold and squeeze and read to my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving...

    People (like you, Susie!) whose shared thoughts expand my own.

    Folks whose courage to face their harsh reality inspires.

    Discovering a book which it hurts to stop reading for all those necessary life things.

    Small kindnesses, which seem to be more abundant daily!

    Leaving home to visit somewhere else and then going back home to my own pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your list, Donna. And I love friends, like you, who make my life sweeter! *hugs*

      Delete
  5. Your loves are my loves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so much in common. Though I suspect you have better shoes.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful! All fabulous things to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Intricate Knot! Love your username and image.

      Delete