Friday, December 9, 2011

Yay vs. Nay

(Or another little glimpse at my thought process)

*clicks onto Laini Taylor’s blog*

Oh. My.
Ooooooh My! Want!

The following conversation with myself went something like this. Wait. You all have conversations with yourself, right? *ahem*

Yay: I really should promote this on the blog.
Nay: No, I most certainly should NOT!
Y: This is so freaking amazing! My literary friends would go gaga over these.
N: More friends equals less chances pour moi to win.
Y: Hmm. True, but even if I don’t win, I’ll rejoice with the lucky winner. Especially if it’s a bloggy buddy (bluggy? bloddy?)
N: Who am I kidding? I’ll pout, spout a few choice words at the monitor, and sulk some more. That graphic sampler...*sigh* *drool*
Y: Still...If I mention the you know what, it could draw more potential fans to Laini’s site. That would be cool.
N: EEK! 358 people have already entered!
Y: What’s a few more? I’ll do it!

Click to read about and enter Laini Taylor’s Big Fat Holiday Giveaway. The contest is open until midnight PST, Saturday, December 10. Many will enter, few will win. And just so you know, I am on a winning roll right now. The girl who never wins raffles (me), won a 3 month family membership to the Y at a fundraiser and a gift certificate to a local restaurant at our annual school Turkey Shoot Giveaway (too politically incorrect so we had to change the name). So, following the rule of 3, I’m due to win one more thing. I plan on sending my cosmic vibes out west to Oregon so that my name magnetically clings to Laini’s (or whoever draws the name) fingers. Just sayin’.

If you'd like to watch an interview from 2009 with Laini and her husband Jim (who magnificently illustrated Lips Touch Three Times), click here. It's not short - about 30 minutes - but it's an interesting conversation about writing, illustrating, their creative journey, and YA fiction. I could especially relate to what Laini spoke about at 15:30. Enjoy and have great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I, too, have entire conversations with myself! And I am NOT insane. At least, I don't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL This a conversation I'm familiar with. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on this, Suzie. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Your conversation made me laugh.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found you through the IWSG - sadly too late to try this contest!

    ReplyDelete