Monday, October 10, 2011

If Every Weekend Had Three Days, I'd...

...get all my laundry, folding, and ironing done.
...have more time to bake. (Like the toll house cookies I made today. Mmmm.)
...get to sleep until 6:30 and feel rested. (trust me, that's a treat)
...finish my cleaning for the week.
...catch up on blog reading and commenting.
...get more projects done, such as yard work, switching seasonal clothes, changing sheets (6 beds takes time!), sorting through papers
...play with my kids more (we played Life Friday night. Fun!)
...plan a day trip.
...read in the sun on my back deck guilt-free.
...have a shorter work week which means,
...more time to write!

Did you get to enjoy a long weekend? What would you do if every weekend had three days?

5 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be the best? Or if I only needed 6 hours sleep a night instead of 8 or 9?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the long week wasn't at the cost of making up the day spread through those other four (meaning 4/10s). I actually have a 3-day weekend every other week. At my job we work what's called a 9/80. We work 9 hours days and our work week ends at noon on Friday. The other half of the work week begins at noon. It's wonderful. I try and spend my free Friday writing and focus Saturday on all my usual chores. Because it's every other week, it still feels like a treat even thought we've been doing it for more than two years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for work at the moment, and the weird thing is, everything was much more organised when I had a job, even though I had less free time. At the moment, everything gets done 'tomorrow' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually...since the beginning of the school year and switching to a half time schedule, my weekends are 4 days now (f-m) and I only work a half day on Wed. And it's true, I get a lot more done. But time is a funny thing, I still want more, more, more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen - That would be awesome! Did you know it was cookie post that inspired my need to bake? My kids thank you.

    Donna - I'm with you. Three day weekends, NO extra hours to make up, would make me a very happy camper.

    Sarah - The more free time I have the easier it is to put things off. Good luck with the job hunt!

    Becky - What an awesome schedule!

    ReplyDelete