Saturday, September 10, 2011

Love, Love, Love

LOVE...
I always struggle to put my feelings about September 11th, 2001 into words. Fortunately, there are those who can and do so eloquently. One such person is my friend, Donna Hosie, at Musings of A Penniless Writer. You rock, my friend.

LOVE...
Another is author Meg Cabot's personal account of what she experienced living in NYC that day.

LOVE...
Some of you know that I've been a U2 fan for over 20 years. When I heard that they would be perfoming at the 2002 Super Bowl halftime show I was pumped beyond belief. But what I wasn't prepared for was U2's powerful, moving tribute to those who lost their lives that day. There are moments when tears and smiles co-exist and can express what's in our hearts better than words. This was one such moment for me.



I will never forget.

13 comments:

  1. That was beautiful.

    "There are moments when tears and smiles co-exist and can express what's in our hearts better than words."

    *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Donna Hosie - hugs back

    @Donna Weaver and Sarah - Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I've never seen that video before. Thank you posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an incredibly sad day - it's hard to believe that there are kids now in elementary school who weren't even born then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you for your kind words on my blog and remembering such a tragic day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bethany - Indeed it was...the worst. My 7 year old daughter wasn't born and really knows nothing (yet) about that tragic day. I chose not to show her anything on TV about it. Some day.

    @Lydia - Your post was so moving. Thank you for sharing your story. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful song, and as Alex says... very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's been 10 years. No one will ever forget. Feels like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete