Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Like You

At my high school, it was traditional to give and receive carnations on Valentine’s Day. White meant “let’s be friends,” pink meant “I like you,” and red meant “I love you.” I never got any reds and I can’t recall a pink either. But thankfully, so we wouldn’t feel like complete losers walking the corridors with empty hands, white were given among friends. It’s nice to be liked.

A few days ago I noticed it was my 6 month blog anniversary. I want to express my thanks to all of you who have stopped by and followed during that time. A special thanks to those who take the time to read my ramblings and leave a comment. It means so much to me, especially because I was so unsure about blogging when I first started. And let's be honest, who doesn’t love to see a new comment after writing a post?

I’ve really enjoyed blogging about my writing journey over the past 6 months. My hope is that someone else can relate to what I've been thinking about and that we can connect in the knowledge that we’re not alone – that someone else gets it. Writing doesn’t have to be solitary. Isn’t it cool how we can click a link to another writer’s blog and read how she works through writer’s block or how he approaches revision? Or click on a literary agent’s blog and gain incredible insight into the publishing world or learn tips on querying? Blogging is a lot of work, but it’s rewarding, too. I learn something new every day.

So to all of you,
a virtual pink carnation
because,
I like you.


(photo credit: D Sharon Pruitt)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, only 6 Months? I thought for sure you'd been at this longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet words dear friend. I'm forever grateful for being on this path with like minded. The door is wide open and waiting for our debut. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 6 months!! I've never heard of a carnation tradition like that - but I like it :)

    I've found the best thing about blogging is meeting such terrific people, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe because we knew each other before blogging, Donna? But yes, only 6 months. I'm still a blogging baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Indigo. I'm grateful to know others who share the same dream as me and I love that we can support each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks Jemi. I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on you. It can be hard to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like you too. You're back to 48 now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Donna :) *hugs*

    Becky - Thanks and happy birthday!

    Candyland - Aw, thanks! A whole bouquet of white, pink and red for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through Candyland's comments and thought I'd stop by! I see we have a lot in common with YA books and writing.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome, Jamie! Thanks for stopping by! I just followed your absolutely gorgeous blog.

    (Seriously, it's beautiful. Check it out everyone)

    ReplyDelete