- Coraline - Neil Gaiman
- I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- Feed - M.T. Anderson
- Princess Academy - Shannon Hale
- From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - E.L. Konigsburg
- Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld
- Inkheart - Cornelia Funke
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
Surprised? I'll admit #10 surprised me. I loved this book growing up but when it comes to first lines it's not very intriguing. I think most of us are forgiving when we begin a new book and an ordinary line isn't going to stop us from reading further. As I mentioned, I'm working on the first draft of a novel. Sometimes it takes a while for me think of that perfect opening, but this time the line came first and I've been building on it ever since.
"Girls named Felicity should not be allowed to play tag football with boys, especially with Timothy Williams."
*I'm planning on posting some pics of the game, but I'm having difficulty uploading to blogger for some reason. I'll try again in a while.